I’m excited to announce I am giving away a free book unit. Each Monday over the next 24 weeks; The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Book Unit will be featured in weekly blog posts. Saving each lesson for a novel study is a great option. Since students are so familiar with this well-loved American classic, most chapters can be stand-alone lessons. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was originally published on May 17, 1900, so it is now in public domain. There is no need to purchase a class set of books because the complete text will be added to the unit plans.
Links to each post in this series are located at the bottom of this page.
Each Monday a new blog post will provide teaching materials for one chapter of this free book unit including:
- a printable vocabulary practice page
- comprehension questions (consisting of multiple choice, short answer, and constructed response)
- a foldable graphic organizer going over the rules for a Common Core State Standards Language Arts Skill
Seven additional posts will contain games, task cards, and activities providing practice for the language arts skills addressed in the foldable organizers.
Begin by downloading this FREE resource from Teachers Pay Teachers. This packet contains the materials you will need to turn the weekly blog posts into a full book unit. It includes:
- A Schedule for All Blog Posts
- Lesson Plans at a Glance
- A Vocabulary List with Words, Definitions, and Sample Sentences from the Text
- Vocabulary Bookmarks
- Word Cards with Storage Pocket
- Multiple Choice Vocabulary Test
- Instructions for Using the Constructed Response Questions as Interactive Notebook Pages
If you need additional book studies, check out my
Teachers Pay Teachers store.
Follow these links to see the entire book unit: