Get a packet containing all sample activities from my blog and product previews for each product in the Teaching with Animated Shorts Series including samples that are scheduled to come out later in the 2021-2022 school year. This is a total of 30 free animated short activities! This all-in-one packet will be delivered to your email inbox after verifying your email address.
By joining the mailing list, you will also receive 2 to 3 newsletters each month highlighting free resources and notifying you of special events.
Using animated shorts is highly motivational for students. These high-interest films make learning fun for students. Check out the post below to see if this teaching method works for your students.
Click on these links to go to posts individual posts.
- December Writing Prompts – Students watch 5 short films that tell the importance of candles for the holidays – Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah. An organizer is provided for students to write paragraphs explaining the importance of the Christmas candle, Kwanzaa kinara, Jewish menorah, and Yule log
- Christmas Shorts – Details from the Story with The Letter and Cause and Effect Chain with Santa’s Intern
- Using Christmas Animated Shorts to Teach Skills
- 5 Halloween Activities
- Inference with the Animated Short Lonely Island
- Summarizing with the Animated Short Peck Pocketed
- Main Idea and Details with the Animated Short Lifted
- Perspective with the Animated Short Okapodi
- Theme with the Animated Short Mater and the Ghostlight
- Character Traits with the Animated Short Geri’s Game
- Cause and Effect with the Animated Short Feast
- Compare and Contrast with The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore vs. The Wizard of Oz
- Problems and Solutions with the Animated Short Taking the Plunge
Writing Skills Skills
- Literature Skills with Crow: The Legend
- Comparing Two Shorts with the Animated Short Distracted and Dear Alice
- Problems and Solutions + Inference with the Animated Short On the Same Page
- Setting + Comparing the Short Film to the Novel Refugee with the Animated Short The Box
- Character Change + Mood with the Animated Short One Small Step
- Details from the Story with the Animated Short Broken: Rock, Scissors, Paper
- Problem and Solution Chain + Theme with the Animated Short The Catch
- Your Actions versus Character’s Actions + Comparing Two Films with the Animated Short Coin Operated
- Summarizing + Comparing Two Films with Miyako and The Monster Under My Bed
Language Arts Skills
- Teaching Spelling with Animated Shorts
- Capitalization and Punctuation with Animated Shorts (Coming Soon!)
- 5th Grade Grammar with Animated Shorts (Coming Soon!)
- 6h Grade Grammar with Animated Shorts (Coming Soon!)