The Perilous Road Chapter 5 Pages Pages 44-55
Choose the correct answer for each question.
The army used mules to ------.
- move heavy logs from the road
- haul the supply wagons
- as pack animals
What chore did Chris and his father do?
- rounded up the wild hogs
- plow the field to make it ready for planting in the spring
- carried in logs for firewood
- carried in barrels of water
While Chris was pulling the third log ------.
- he twisted his ankle by stepping on a sharp rock
- he saw a snake on the path and fell down to keep from stepping on it
- he stepped on a thorn and the log rolled over his foot
Chris went too far when he ------.
- called Jethro a traitor
- called his pappy a Union lover
- stole their neighbor's mule
- told his mammy he was going to starve to death
Mr. Trantham came to see Mr. Barbson to -----.
- get his saw
- tell the news
- argue with him
Lukie called Chris a -------.
- Union Sympathizer
Chris plans to meet Lukie the next night to ------.
- plan an attack on the Yankees
- go deer hunting
- prove where his loyalties lie
Why did Mr. Trantham want his saw back?
- He wanted to show he was upset that Jethro joined the Union army
- He need the saw to help cut up his firewood for winter.
- He was going to loan it to the Union army.
- He wanted to teach Lukie how to use it.
Several hints have been given as to want Chris plans to do to "prove" he is not a Yankee-lover. What do you think he will do?
- stop Jethro from joining the Union army
- plan an ambush on the Union army
- steal a mule from the Union army