The Perilous Road Chapter 4 Pages 35 - 43
Choose the correct answer for each question.
Leah's ring was made from ------.
- a gold coin
- a peach seed
- chicken wire
- braided silver cord
Where did Leah get the ring?
- her boyfriend
- her mammy and pappy
- a Yankee soldier
Why did Chris wish to go to Bridgeport, Alabama?
- to steal Yankee supplies
- to live with his aunt and uncle
- to blow up the supply depot
- to learn military secrets
How would the Barbson family live through the winter?
- buy provisions from Chattanooga
- gather up what they could from their fields and nearby woods
- send Jethro to their cousins to bring back supplies
Mrs. Barbson wasn't upset that the soldiers took their food, but she couldn't understand why they -----.
- took the wild hog and her young ones
- took the beds from their home
- took Old Codger
- took their cow
How did Chris feel at the end of Chapter 4?
- hot and tired
- glad to be alive
- full of hate
The main idea of Chapter 4 was for the reader to ----.
- learn how to dig potatoes
- understand Chris's feelings
- understand that soldiers had to survive too