The Perilous Road Chapter 2 Pages 16-25
Choose the correct answer for each question.
The Yankee soldiers were -----.
- setting fire to the Barbson's house
- stealing the Barbson's cows
- taking all the Barbson's food
Why did Silas stop Chris from shooting the Yankees?
- Silas was afraid Chris would shoot his parents.
- Silas didn't want the troop at the fort to hear the gunshots.
- Silas was friends with one of the Yankee soldiers.
The Yankee troops even took the Barbson's -----.
Silas and Chris ran through the woods -----.
- to catch the deer
- to get help from the Southern army
- to ambush the Yankee soldiers
Chris had a difficult time aiming his rifle because ----.
- he was behind a rock
- he was out of breath
- he was standing on a steep hill
Chris hide from the soldiers ------.
- by climbing a tree
- in the laurel slick
- behind a large boulder
- in a great crack at the side of the bluff
Chris put his rifle -------.
- in the bushes
- down his pant leg
- under a rock
At the end of Chapter 2 Chris -----.
- shot a soldier
- go caught by the soldiers
- was falling
A good title for Chapter 2 could be -----.
- The Enemy Gets Too Close
- Hunting by the River
- Best Friends