The Perilous Road Chapter 13 Pages 137-149
Choose the correct answer for each question.
When Chris tried to tell the Confederate soldier not to shot, the soldier ----.
- helped him down form the wagon
- told him to get out to there
- shot twice at him
- called him a traitor
When the Confederate soldier shot at Chris, ------.
- he jumped from the wagon and ran across the open field
- the man with the goatee came and helped Chris
- the mules started running away with the wagon
Chris watched the battle -----.
- the top of the bluff
- from behind a sack of potatoes
- crouched in the sumac
Chris helped the man who had given him the apple by -----.
- going after a medic
- giving him water
- tying a bandage over his wound
Chris knew he wasn't at fault for this battle when -----.
- he overheard General Wheeler talking
- he found Silas
- a soldier told him they had started out three days earlier
The soldier told Chris his brother was safe because -----.
- he was still in training
- he saw him in Bridgeport
- only men from the Northern States were in this wagon train
The main idea of Chapter 13 was -----.
- the supplies are destroyed
- Chris is angry at himself for causing such a terrible battle
- the battle takes place