The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
There has been much dispute over the reading order of the seven books that make up the Chronicles of Narnia. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was the first book published in the series. Due to this, a reader can pick up this book and not have to read background information to “catch up” with what is taking place in the story.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
- Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (1951)
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
- The Silver Chair (1953)
- The Horse and His Boy (1954)
- The Magician’s Nephew (1955)
- The Last Battle (1956)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tells the story of four siblings: Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. They have been sent to the English countryside to live with Professor Digory Kirke after World War II breaks out in London. The children discover a wardrobe in the professor’s home that takes them to the magical land of Narnia.