What a terrific book! My students really enjoyed reading Bridge to Terabithia earlier this year. Are you looking for some Bridge to Terabithia Teaching Ideas? Below you will find a couple of anchor charts I created for my unit study along with a few sample constructed response questions from my book unit. I hope you enjoy these samples. At the bottom of this page, you can follow the link to find the full unit on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Teaching Ideas for Bridge to Terabithia
#1 ~ Timeline of Jess and Leslie’s Friendship
You may wish to have students complete the anchor chart by writing the details on sticky notes. This way the anchor chart may be used year after year.
Have students use the graphic organizer for notes. Notice the notes in the photo above are not in complete sentences. Glue the organizer to the left side of the notebook page. On the right side of the notebook, students use the notes to write the details in paragraph form.
Students complete the organizer by writing complete sentences.
#2 ~ Venn Diagram Comparing Jess and Leslie
This is another free sample constructed response organizer. Just click on the image to download the pdf version of this organizer. This constructed response organizer pairs well with the anchor chart above.
These links will take you to printables to make the Venn Diagram Anchor Chart.
Click here to download Venn Diagram without lines. (I use this version for students to write character traits on sticky notes and add them to the chart.)
Venn Diagram with lines
- Compare and Contrast title (Version 2)
#3 ~ Ideas on the Web
- If you Give a Mouse a Cookie in Terabithia Cause and Effect Activity
- Teach with Movies
- Audiobook and Text for Bridge to Terabithia from ESL English Bits
- Study Guide for Bridge to Terabithia from Glencoe
- Vocabulary Practice for Chapter 1
- Constructed Response Question – Timeline of Jess and Leslie’s Friendship
- Constructed Response Question – Comparing Jess and Leslie
- Photos to Show What the Rest of the Unit Looks Like
Bridge to Terabithia Book Unit contains graphic organizers for an interactive notebook and game activities. Vocabulary, constructed response writing, and skill practice are all included.