Requirements for Membership
An active member shall be a woman who is employed as a professional educator or has been retired from an educational position. An active member shall participate in the activities of the Society.
Purposes and Mission Statement
1. To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship.
2. To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive services in any field of education.
3. To advance the professional interest and position of women in education.
4. To initiate, endorse, and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interests of education and of women educators..
5.To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to nonmember women educators.
6. To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action.
7. To inform the members of current economic, social, political, and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society.
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.