Martin Luther King, Jr. was born in 1929 in ____________.
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Atlanta, Georgia
Martin Luther King, Jr. followed in his father's footsteps and became ____________.
- a doctor
- a politician
- a minister
- a welder
King believed African Americans should work for equal rights ________________.
- in nonviolent ways
- through picketing
- by getting Congress to pass new laws
- by rioting
King was asked to lead _______________.
- sit-ins in Greensboro, North Carolina
- the bus boycott in Montgomery, Alabama
- Freedom Riders through the South
- the Los Angeles riots
Martin Luther King, Jr. formed _______________.
- the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC)
- the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP)
- the Integration of Mississippi universities
- the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
King was ______________.
- never arrested
- arrested many times
- arrested once
- never spent the night in jail
In 1964, King was awarded ____________________.
- the Peacemaker Award
- the Albert Einstein Peace Prize
- the Nobel Peace Prize
- the International Peace Prize
King died in Memphis, Tennessee ______________.
- from a heart attack
- from a bullet shot
- by a rock thrown by an angry mob
- a fall from a balcony
Select all that apply.
Martin Luther King, Jr. is known for saying which of the following: