Playing BINGO is a terrific way to teach skills in the classroom. By playing a quick game, students can practice everything from fractions to vocabulary. The possibilities are endless.
You will find reviews for seven online generators. I only included sites that require no downloads and are free. See which site will work best for your needs.
#1 BINGO Card Generator
- Easy to use.
- unlimited number of words
- The form will allow you to type in as many rows and/or columns as you wish.
- You may type in the number of cards you wish to create.
- When printing, cards may split across two pages.
- Easy to use.
- 3 x 3 or 5 x 5 cards only
- The 3 x 3 card has only room for 9 words. Likewise, the 5 x 5 card has only room for 25 words.
- Cards print one playing card per page. [Note: This wastes a lot of paper when creating 3 x 3 cards.]
- You can create only one card at a time. You must then print. After printing, you click the shuffle words button to create a new card.
#3 Tools for Educators Bingo Board Creator
- You can have a set of cards ready to use in just minutes.
- Users select a category from a list of 51 items such as plural nouns, Christmas, and insects. Once the category is selected, users are given a list of images to choose from.
- A total of 16 cards will be created (4 pages with 4 cards on each page). The user may print one page (4 cards) or all four pages (16 cards).
- You are limited to the preset categories and images on the site.
#4 Bingo Baker
- Easy to use. ~ The user types words onto a form that looks like a bingo card.
- After typing words onto the card, an option to add additional words (without limitations) is provided.
- Print 1, 2, or 4 cards per page.
- Create as many pages as you wish.
- Font size may vary on one card depending on the length of the word.
#5 ESL BINGO Card Generator
This is my favorite!!
- Users may select 2 to 5 rows and 2 to 5 columns.
- Users may save word lists to reopen later.
- The site has two options: word cards or picture cards.
- Users may upload their own images to use on cards. [The size limitation for an image is 100 kb.] Think how much fun this would be on the first day of school. Upload student photos onto the card. Students can learn the names of all their classmates by playing bingo.
- Users can select paper sizes for printing. The size of the images changes depending on the size of the paper. Several sizes are included: letter, index cards A4, A5, and B5.
- This generator takes a while to create cards, especially if you type in a clue for each word.
#6 Sight Words Bingo Card Creator
- Fast and easy to use ~ A video on the website shows how to create the cards.
- The user may select Dolch Words by grade level, Fry Sight Word by level, type in a custom set of words, or a combination of these options.
- Cards are colorful. They will require a lot of ink to print.
- Select to create a number card, from a template, your own words, or a blank card.
- Many options to choose from ~ extremely customizable.
- The cards are created in a pdf format.
- You must pay for the premium site to receive all the options.