- Which statement is true about the Articles of Confederation?
- America was ruled very well under the Articles of Confederation.
- The Articles of Confederation called for a strong central government.
- The Articles of Confederation did not work well in governing the new
nation and a new form of government was needed.
- Most people did not want to see the Articles of Confederation work.
- Some colonists were not sure they wanted a strong form of government
- they wanted King George of England to rule them
- they wanted to make their own laws
- One of the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation was -----.
- the states would not work together in any way
- the government could not make treaties
- each state printed its own money, and
people disagreed what each state's money was worth
- the government could not declare war
- The Spanish took advantage of the weakness of the American government by
- sending soldiers into the Northwest
- stopping and searching American ships and stealing their goods
- only allowing Spanish ships to unload cargo in the American ports
- stopping the American farmers and fur
traders from working on the Mississippi River