Quiz on Lesson 8
1. The main issue of the election for President in 1860 was:
- how many new states should be made.
- whether to make a railroad from S. Louis to California.
- whether to print more U. S. dollars.
2. During the election campaign, Lincoln was in favor of:
- freeing all the slaves.
- allowing slavery everywhere in the United States.
- no slavery in the territories and new states, but keeping it in the states where it already was.
- passing a new Kansas-Nebraska Act.
3. Lincoln was afraid that the slavery issue would:
- lead to a break-up of the Union, with the southern states forming a new nation.
- kill thousands of white people.
- spread to Canada and Europe.
- cause England to go to war with the United States.
Finish the chart below by putting in the number of electoral votes for each candidate.