Quiz on Lesson 4
1. People called abolitionists were against slavery.
2. The Underground Railroad helped take slaves to the South.
3. Frederick Douglass wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin.
4. Uncle Tom's Cabin was banned in the North.
5. The abolitionists wanted to do away with slavery. They formed the _____________Society in 1833.
- Freed Men
- National Antislavery
- Society in 1833
6. Because of the Fugitive Slave Law, the abolitionists had to send slaves further north to ______________ .
- the North Pole
7. One black woman named __________________ helped more than 300 slaves to escape.
- Harriet Tubman
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Write the letter of the correct match on the right.
8. __________ William Lloyd Garrison
9. __________ Box Brown
10. __________ Frederick Douglass
11. __________ Harriet Tubman
12. __________ Harriet Beecher Stowe
13. __________ Simon Legree
a. wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin
b. killed Uncle Tom
c. editor of The Liberator
d. guided more than 300 people on the Underground Railroad
e. mailed himself to freedom
f. ex-slave writer and speaker
14. Under the Fugitive Slave Law people in the North had to:
- help slaves get to Canada.
- run the Underground Railroad.
- own slaves themselves.
- help bounty hunters catch slaves in the North.